Thursday, December 15, 2011

i stand here, tossing pennies




the poisoned well of my inspiration
no longer quenches the thirst of my longing.
those crystal clear waters that once sustained me and
were a balm to my parched lips
are now tainted with the quick silvered
spill of regret.

i stand here, peering into these waters.
i wonder, can this well be saved? or should
i take the advice of the experts, and cap it
now, before it takes another life?

i beat my head against the cold stones
of my resistance. giving up is so hard;
it runs counter to my nature. i stand here,
watching as an acid rain falls down.

i stand here, my eyes locked on the scattered
image of myself in the water below. i stand here,
my feet frozen in their place. i stand here, tossing
pennies at a face with eyes accusing, eyes with
answers i don't want to know.


--bruised orange

2 comments:

  1. Please remember
    This, too, shall pass
    Crystal waters
    That flow and sustain
    Will well up again
    They are Eternal
    Connected
    Creative
    Is the word

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping you are right! I'm thinking its the 'connected' thing. I feel like I've lost 'connected'. Don't know how to get it back. Rather depressed about the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete