Monday, October 3, 2011

this ill-fated show

it'll get bad reviews, we should scrap the project before it breaks the budget


we sit and talk
art and beauty, love and fear
my heart cracking open
and you, rushing in

we sit and talk
play at the deadly game
ignore the consequences
shun the inconsistencies
the words, words, words
they swirl
and we slip, we slip, we slip

--its a real cliffhanger

hearts on sleeves
music weaves
stories come to light

secrets, oozing out between
the well crafted lines of
our carefully scripted plot

we sit and talk circles around
the herds of white elephants
that come to watch the show
mocking us, they laugh
as we tiptoe through
fields of daffodils
under dark skies
with rainbows

scene change now

in dark of night
i squeeze out hope
from my heart
god damned hope
twists up and knifes
me in the side, leaves
me bleeding on the floor

and you, fool you are
rush to my aid

if you're saving me,
who's saving you?

you with your secret
decoder ring from your
box of caramel corn
cracking my heart
you peel my layers

your questions run deep
but your feet will run faster
and i'll fall, i'll fall, i'll fall

gravity's a real drag
i've felt it's pull before

me with my third eye
see the pan and play
this show will end
leaving us all sitting
in our seats wanting
another thirty minutes,
a tidier ending
this ain't Disney

we'll feel like we've been
ripped, ripped, ripped

no refunds here,
go file your complaint
with the man upstairs

the audience stands,
turns to go.

white elephants know there's
no silver lining, no pot of gold
they threw popcorn at the screen
but you didn't notice

i always hated white elephants
i thought you did too
who invited them to the show?

we step outside
no curtain call
no applause

this hail falls down
on a sunny blue day
afraid to touch you, but

i want to catch you in my mouth

would you please
just go away
before i end up with lumps
on my head, in my throat

my eyes blinded by the sun,
the hail, this ill fated show


--bruised orange

2 comments:

  1. You slay me with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks? Sorry? was it an immediate kill? or more one of those slow, agonizing type deaths? (i'm just playing) thank you for reading. Love you, sis!

    ReplyDelete