Tuesday, August 30, 2011

color returns (in shades of pink)



My neighbor has advised more roughage. "Healthy bowels
will keep illness away."
My therapist says group will do it. "Share your stories with
those who relate."
My doctor gave me a script for Valium. "Call me when these
run out."
My muse sings urgently into my ear. " Keep writing, we'll
get there, no doubt!"
My friend tells me more prayer is the ticket. "Talk with God
and you won't be afraid."

But my sister (the French psychoanalyst) tells me simply,
"You need to get laid!"

now i've tried the vegetables, they are tasty to eat
and the group i found, well it's just down the street
the prescription's been filled, and easily (twice!)
my pen keeps me working long into the night
and prayer brings me answers, my truths comes to light


but this last advice has left me in stitches
you see, its been such a very long time
would someone direct my feet, and,
please tell me, where do i get some of that?

(and now she dissolves, into fits of hysterical laughter)

--bruised orange

No comments:

Post a Comment