Tuesday, August 16, 2011

fruitful dreaming

by possession of my reality
i'll plow my new existence

( the tree most heavily pruned,i'm told,
brings forth sweetest fruits of the season)

laying dormant for quite some time
but feeling springtime's urging

leaflets springing from my branches
your words, my fertilizer

my soul will give me gentle rains
the Sun, its glorious power

it won't be long now before i feel
tight buds begin to flower

then by wind and butterfly,
by pollen shared and spread

words burst forth, oh fruitful
dreams! these heavily laden branches!

--bruised orange

4 comments:

  1. Dang, woman. You know how to write! This is beautiful. Fertilizer, indeed. Milk it for all it's worth. You are creating beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gage, as the giver of my very first comment from out there in 'cyberland' (other than my dear friend, Amalia) I kind of want to hug you! Instead, i will restrain myself and say, thanks so much! and one more thing, your blog looks absolutely delicious, can't wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amalia, thank you so much for all of your encouragement. and as for the fertilizer, never let it be said again that his bullshit was not good for something, eh? Now tell me, when do i get to read that chapter? hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete