Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ripples (supplication)






mysterious, her detachment bringing me back to God
His warp and weft, that intricate design so entwined
i fall to my face and grieve, i fall to my face in awe
dumbstruck by Your plans, Your well crafted plans

this sacrifice of her detachment, this blessing on my heart
this love rekindled, this joy reawakened.
i fall to my knees and pray, i fall to my knees and cry
dumbstruck by Your plans, Your heart rendering plans

what sacrifice may i give in return, for this servant's offering
this servant's fiery test, that has brought me back home
oh the intricately woven pattern! i fall to my face and cry out,
i fall to the floor and cover my face in the dust at Your doorstep.

oh Lord, give me grace, give me grace, give me fortitude, robe me in humility
for that servant's heart, that pure servant's heart
that shining mirrored heart, this sad longing heart.

to not waste the taste, once sipped, from this cup of detachment
her sacrifice, my blessing. this is my prayer today.

and this love grows.
that detachment,
her sacrifice,
quickens my soul.

i fall to the floor and cover my face in the dust at Your doorstep.
i fall to the floor
i cover my face
i pray

--bruised orange

No comments:

Post a Comment