Thursday, August 18, 2011

headwaters unimagined

O Words! You are my therapy,
sung quietly, my whispered prayer,
shouted loudly, for all to hear.

Shame's weight lifting from my breast,
pain unraveling, gingerly I step,
as these words caress my soul.

When journey first began
I had not imagined
what waterfalls I'd find,
this inundation upon my plain.

Old friend, you've waited patiently
for me to give you voice
soul's longing now embraced,
no longer my sad disgrace.

Now what is this spring bubbling forth?
O Joy! i hadn't dreamed I'd find you here
waiting all this time to be discovered,
to dance with me once more.

O Words! look where you have brought me!
my gratitude overwhelms
to see at last a home for me,
designed with love and care.

O Words, you've brought me back to life
what tongue can voice my thanks?
for such a precious gift as this,
what a bounty upon my banks.

O Words! What joy! My soul's embrace!
my spirit soaring free
you've led me to my worthiness,
you've brought me back to me.

--bruised orange

No comments:

Post a Comment