Thursday, August 25, 2011

sing out Oh Joy!




i just felt like sharing
this over abundance of feeling
my heart fills to bursting
and looks forward
with joyful expectation
what each day may bring

whether my sadness and grief
or excitement shared with a friend

coming back to life
is heady stuff, and i haven't words
enough to express
this gratitude of my soul

its not even been a month
since i've begun writing
and i feel that i have traveled
through space and time

an eternity, in the blink
of an eye.

this joy, this soul's refurbishment
has been closer than my life's vein
all this time

moving forward, through the door
one foot in front of the other
never knowing where i was going
what future lay in store

and still i do not know
and it does not matter in the least anymore!

it is the journey, this process unfolding
this living of questions
this being with myself
that has brought me peace

oh won't you please try it?
it is so easy to do!
just take that one step, and you'll find
yourself, too.

peace to all of you
come Joy, oh come

--bruised orange

2 comments:

  1. peace and joy indeed come through the arts and through poetry, bo...the lines remind one of a girl dancing with joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may have danced, my heart did, at least. so nice to have captured this moment for myself. each time i read it, i feel it all over again. glad to share a bit of joy, a small measure of peace, Raj

    --bo

    ReplyDelete