Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What it Means to Me






feeling alone, feeling scared,
no reason to, just me with myself.
there you were, right then and there,
you were perfect.

i've been having this happen,
the past couple of weeks.
as crazy as i am now,
don't think i don't notice.

you were right there,
hearing me talk,
listening to me,
you were perfect.

and like the other day,
a friend came to town,
hadn't seen her in a while,
but her timing,
well, it was perfect.

the messages i'm getting,
they don't feel so profound,
until i add them together,
and i hear the sound.

the sound.
i think maybe it is God?
calling me back?
isn't that what you said?
is that even possible?
it's gotten me thinking.

so when i say to you,
you were perfect,
please believe me,
because that is the truth.
perfect timing,
God's instrument.
calling me back,
helping me see,
i'm not alone,
i'm not alone,
i'm not alone.

--bruised orange

No comments:

Post a Comment