Monday, August 22, 2011

sitting by the window

I've been waiting my entire life.
waiting for him to start loving me
waiting for things to calm down
waiting for reason to find him
waiting for answers that have never come
waiting for life to get better
waiting for him to catch up with me

oh to have grabbed life by the horns
wrestled the devil out of my heart

forbearance taken to extremes
has caused me to lose years of my life
sometimes i just need to scream
at my twelfth century story book values

my knight in shining armor did not come
the dragon kept me locked away
and i've slept, waiting for that kiss
to wake me, but it never has

to hell with fairy tale endings
i'm putting on this shiny armor
taking up that glistening sword
i'm rescuing myself now
i'm the only one who ever could.

--bruised orange

2 comments:

  1. BO,the poems have a healthy directness and healing honesty; the imagery in this poem is so appropriate:
    sometimes i just need to scream
    at my twelfth century story book values

    These lines have great depth of meaning for many of us who, perhaps because of our upbringing (like always not to hurt others or to be understanding), overlook our own lives and happiness:
    forbearance taken to extremes
    has caused me to lose years of my life

    Very strong lines and poem, BO...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Raj, for your thoughtful insights. For me, it is the process that is important, on a personal level. I am glad you find something for yourself here.
    peace to you
    --bo

    ReplyDelete